I will confess this recipe has been a family favorite for well over 20 years (not sure how that’s possible). Simple to make and never disappoints when it arrives on the table.
- 8oz light cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2c milk
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 16oz package of frozen, mixed vegetables (thawed)
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 c instant brown rice
- black pepper & garlic powder to taste
Spray two quart casserole with cooking spray (probably better than I did in the image above). Place cream cheese in casserole dish, stir in milk & soup. Add veggies, chicken, rice, parmesan, and seasonings.
At this point, it’s perfect as is, but if you want it to be next-level, top with cheddar cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Want to take it over the top? After the 30 minutes are up, sprinkle with fried onions and back for 15 minutes more. Perfection!
Leave a Reply