It’s cold here in Upstate New York and nothing makes me happier that a hearty bowl of soup. And nothing seals the deal like a simple and tasty recipe! (Bonus: we’ll be talking all things puff pastry coming up!)
- 1 box Hamburger Helper Cheesy Italian Shells
- 1 carton low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 c water
- 1 c diced carrots
- 1 can Great Northern beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (plain, Italian-style, or fire roasted)
- 1 zucchini cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 c shredded Parmesan
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried basil
In a four quart Dutch oven, mix Hamburger Helper, chicken stock, water and carrots. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes
Add beans, tomatoes and zucchini. Cover and cook until the pasta and the veggies are tender.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil before serving.
* Interested in more heat? Add some red pepper flakes when you add the beans, tomatoes and zucchini